Reflexology, sometimes called"energy medicine," is another health practice involving the application of force to specific pressure points on your hands and feet. This is normally done without the use of lotion or oil. There are many who believe that reflexology may be a viable treatment for many ailments. However, this practice is not recommended for some of the following:
- Chronic pain - This shouldn't be combined with traditional medicine, especially for chronic pain. Reflexology, as stated before, doesn't treat illness or pain; it merely corrects the imbalances in your body systems that are causing the pain. A balance in your nervous system, hormonal system, immune system, and cardiovascular system are necessary to the healing of any disease, including pain. Applying pressure reflexology can in fact aggravate pain, just as though it were the part of the body where the pain was originating from.
- Anxiety - If you suffer from anxiety, you might encounter reflexology as a side effect. Reflexology allows for increased blood flow, which provides relief from stress and increases your body's ability to heal itself. But if you suffer from anxiety, you should first ask your doctor for the right treatment. Reflexology isn't a cure for stress. It's simply another way of managing your anxiety by increasing blood flow.
- Stress - Stressful symptoms can be alleviated by applying reflexology. You can enhance the quality of your life by reducing anxiety, tension, and nervousness. Stress can interfere with your concentration and cause aches and pains throughout your body. Reflexology can help alleviate these symptoms and promote relaxation in your nerves and muscles. Massage enhances the relaxation benefits of reflexology, therefore effectively speeding up the effects of reflexology.
- Anxiety - Reflexology can also relieve pain. Your feet are a sensitive part of the body. When you apply pressure on your toes, you are transferring energy from your hands to your feet. This transfer of energy relieves tension, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, and promotes relaxation. Reflexology can also relieve pain due to muscle stiffness and spasms.
- Tinnitus - Some people suffer from tinnitus, which is an annoying ringing sound that could only be heard by the person who is affected. For others, tinnitus can be a symptom of many problems, or may even be a sign of more serious disease. A reflexologist can often discover the cause of tinnitus and teach you how to control it. Reflexology can increase blood circulation to your ears, thus helping to decrease the noise. The results can be relaxing, however you will have to continue the reflexology techniques on a regular basis for the most benefits.
- Reduce Anxiety - Stress and anxiety may lead to several other health problems, including digestive problems and lower back pain. Reflexology can help you relax your body and your mind. By increasing the blood circulation in the human body, reflexology can reduce pain and promote overall wellbeing. In addition, it can decrease anxiety and stress. Your stress level and your life quality can affect every area of your life.
Reflexology can benefit you in many ways but should not be undertaken as a standalone therapy. You should always consult with your doctor prior to starting any bodywork or massage treatment to make certain that it won't interfere with any existing drugs or illnesses you may be suffering from. 대전출장안마 Always keep in mind that Reflexology is a holistic form of alternative medicine, so it should never replace the advice of your healthcare professional. However, if you do decide to pursue Reflexology as a part of your routine medical care, you can reap the benefits by feeling great about your body, being more conscious of its organs and systems, and decreasing the anxiety and stress in your life.